1. What makes you laugh out loud?
2. If you had to live inside a work of art, which would it be and why?
A Cornell Box in the day, the Centre Pompidou at night.
3. What is the best piece of design you've seen recently?
The Highline here in NYC.
4. What is your favourite book?
Too many! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one.
5. To which faults do you feel the most indulgent?
Procrastination, tardiness, and pride.
6. What is the question you ask yourself the most?
7. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
You have no idea.
8. What would you save from your burning house?
My family and photo albums.
9. How do you deal with failure?
Feel sorry for myself, obsess over the details and try for redemption.
10. Do you have a creative muse?
11. What's your favourite gadget?
First my iPhone and then this thing I use to get juice from lemons.
12. Who in the world, dead or alive, would you most like to have lunch with?
Jesus Christ and my grandpa, same table.
13. Which qualities do you most admire in others?
Integrity, courage, and the ability to play music spontaneously.
14. What's one thing that you haven't done that you would still really like to do?
A children’s book.
15. How do you know when a piece of design is complete?
When I’ve gone too far and then have had to come back.
16. Can creativity save the world?
No, but it should live trying.
17. What do you do on Sundays?
Brunch. And read the paper in its glorious printed form.
18. Summer or winter?
Most definitely summer.
19. What's the best creative advice you've ever received?
What you do in the beginning affects what you do later on.
20. How do you feel about answering random questions like these?
If you really want to know the answers…then I’m honoured!