Advertisers can place web banners on the home page, content pages or run-of-site, on a month-to-month basis or CPM (per 1000 impressions). Sponsors have the opportunity to underwrite content series, for example custom-produced original design video series, or specific sections of the website. Pre- or post-roll video ads can also run on all our Conference Talks. We also run editorial and video advertorials on design-related content promotions.
Over the past few months, designindaba.com has undergone a radical overhaul. The website now functions as a comprehensive design portal for news, feature articles, image galleries, conference talks, original video series and more. With already more than 3 000 pieces of content relating to the South African and international design industry, and over 600 bespoke videos, the website positions Design Indaba in the international arena as a powerful global player.
Designindaba.com received over 660 000 visits from August 2013 to July 2014 (520 000 unique) and 1.7-million pageviews. People spend an average of 3 minutes on the site. The visitors are representative of 209 countries, with the most traffic being from South Africa (39%), followed by the United States (17%), Europe (16%) and the United Kingdom (7%), with niches in India, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Kenya and Japan. Our audience profile fits into LSMs 8 to 10. Overall, the site receives 23% direct traffic, 14% from social channels, 9% from referring sites and 44% through organic search.
The designindaba.com strategy is to spread the impact and values of the Design Indaba Conference and Expo throughout the year, which are fundamentally to grow design, to inspire, and to encourage a better world through creativity. The website allows Design Indaba to spread its impact globally, reaching people who are unable to attend Design Indaba events, reinforcing fraternity within the creative industries and increasing local consumer awareness of high-quality design.
To advertise on designindaba.com please contact:
To find out more about Design Indaba click here.
Design Indaba is a member of the IAB South Africa