1. What items would you put into a time capsule?
Sketchbook, a black pen, a box of Lego and a picture of the world as we see it today.
2. If you were told that you had to live inside a work of art, which would you choose?
The chapel of Notre Dame du Haut, designed by Le Corbusier, in Ronchamp.
3. How do you define creative success?
Something that gives you pain and pleasure while you work.
4. What makes you laugh out loud?
Jacque Tati’s movies and a good joke.
5. How old were you when you made your first design and what was it?
I was probably 4 years old and it was a space shuttle made with Lego. I always wanted to travel into space in search of new worlds and I probably still like this idea.
6. Are there certain characteristics that all creatives possess?
Are all a little unstable, interesting and often they try to open the doors that were closed.
7. What is the question you ask yourself the most?
Is there someone else up there?!
8. What is something that you have learnt in the past five years?
To not be afraid, everything is possible.
9. In your subjective view, what makes a piece of design good?
The combination of needs and creativity.
10. What do you do on Sundays?
I try to convince my wife to get up early and go for a bike ride. Most of the time I end up going alone. The greatest pleasure is when I get back and the breakfast is ready and we talk on the seafront.
11. Who in the world, dead or alive, would you most like to have a drink with?
My grandfather Khatcig Alemshah. He survived the massacres of the Ottoman Empire but unfortunately died before my birth.
12. Do you have a creative/business muse?
I think the world today more than ever let’s us see what is right and what is not, we just have to look carefully.
13. What's the best design advice you've ever received?
Design so that your ideas can be explained on the phone.
14. How do you deal with failure?
I start again.
15. Which qualities do you most admire in others?
Spontaneity and patience.
16. How do you know when a piece of design is complete?
When I went too far and so I have to go back.
17. What is something you know you do differently to most people?
My recipe for the Tiramisù has something more.
18. What has been your favourite project to date?
The space shuttle which I described in point 5.
19. Do you recycle?
20. Can design save the world?
No, but it can help!