1. What makes you laugh out loud?
Monty Python – any of their films.
2. If you had to live inside a work of art, which would it be and why?
Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
It reminds me of hot summer nights on holiday.
3. What is the best piece of design you've seen recently?
4. What is your favourite book?
Sebastian Faulks’ Birdsong.
5. To which faults do you feel the most indulgent?
Perfectionism – I spend too much time tinkering.
6. What is the question you ask yourself the most?
Is that good enough?
7. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I don’t think I have – but I am pretty sure they are closely related.
8. What would you save from your burning house?
My tennis rackets (and family, obviously).
9. How do you deal with failure?
Very very badly.
10. Do you have a creative muse?
I don’t really have one now, but it was Milton Glaser originally.
11. What's your favourite gadget?
My wife’s iPad.
12. Who in the world, dead or alive, would you most like to have lunch with?
13. Which qualities do you most admire in others?
Courage and hard work.
14. What's one thing that you haven't done that you would still really like to do?
Go to the North Pole.
15. How do you know when a piece of design is complete?
I don’t – that’s the trouble.
16. Can creativity save the world?
Yes – it can solve complex problems.
17. What do you do on Sundays?
Play tennis, play with my kids and eat a lot.
18. Summer or winter?
19. What's the best creative advice you've ever received?
Keep it simple – which I find very difficult to do.
20. How do you feel about answering random questions like these?