From the world's largest single-mould polycarbonate sofa to glass furniture the 2014 Salone del Mobile in Milan saw the launch of several seating designs by the world's leading designers:
- Philippe Starck unveiled a collection of polycarbonate chairs as well as the world's largest single-mould sofa from the material in celebration of Kartell's 15 years of transparency.
- Industrial designer Konstantin Grcic has created a birch chair with a circular seat and splayed legs called 'Rival' for Finnish furniture company Artek.
- British designer Jasper Morrison launched his first-time collaboration with Andreu World, the ON chair.
- A colourful series of architect David Adjaye's Washington Collection chairs for Knoll were display.
- Hella Jongerius showed her East River chair originally design for the UN delegates lounge.
- Dutch designer Marcel Wanders launched the Zio collection of wooden furniture including the Zio Lounge Chair.
- Fashion designer Sir Paul Smith gave a limited edition reissue of the classic Hans J Wegner Shell Chair a new striped couture coat.
- Husband and wife design duo Scholten & Baijings launched several collections in Milan including the stackable, lightweight Strap Chair for Moustache.
- Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec created a sensational collection of thermo-welded glass furniture pieces 'Diapostive' for Glas Italia including a bench.