From the Series
1. What items would you put into a time capsule?
2. If you were told that you had to live inside a work of art, which would you choose?
In a Pierneef painting.
3. How do you define creative success?
When you don’t have to compromise on your ideas.
4. What makes you laugh out loud?
Charl and Renee.
5. How old were you when you made your first design and what was it?
I was about 4 and drew my first ‘recognisable’ house plan. That’s what I convince myself of now.
6. Are there certain characteristics that all creatives possess?
Insecurity and passion
7. What is the question you ask yourself the most?
i. -Is it relevant
ii. -is it
Iii. -is it functional?
8. What is something that you have learnt in the past five years?
Everything happens for a reason! Always trust your instincts!
9. In your subjective view, what makes a piece of design good?
When you’re jealous of it and can’t think of any way to improve it yourself.
10. What do you do on Sundays?
Sleep late and then take another afternoon nap. No working!
11. Who in the world, dead or alive, would you most like to have a drink with?
12. Do you have a creative/business muse?
13. What's the best (design) advice you've ever received?
When you believe in yourself, others will too.
14. How do you deal with failure?
Everything happens for a reason, even failure. It’s part of growing up.
15. Which qualities do you most admire in others?
16. How do you know when a piece of design is complete?
Is it ever?
17. What is something you know you do differently to most people?
I always visualise the end goal/ image first, then think of a way to get there.
18. What has been your favourite project to date?
The peep show I created for Design Indaba 2008 with the group, a collaboration with two friends.
19. Do you recycle?
20. Can design save the world?
Only God has the power to do that.