Brad from Mingo Lamberti finished school, travelled, graduated university, travelled, finished Red & Yellow, travelled, started working, travelled, started designing, launched and run Mingo Lamberti. And now wants to travel.
1. What's the most coveted item in your wardrobe? A shirt from Mingo Lamberti. I may be slightly biased, but I think it’s the effort that goes into each shirt that makes me treasure it.
2. Do you recycle? Yes, but there is always room to do more. Not sure a worm farm would fit into my apartment right now.
3. Who are your heroes in real life? I am not really one for singling out a certain person as my hero. I admire many people, for different reasons.
4. Do you have a creative/business muse? Pearly Yon.
5. What makes you laugh you loud? My friends.
6. Are you passionate about South Africa? For sure, I love the Republic. Life is pretty interesting here and it feels like we are in a very unique place in the world.
7. If not design, what would you do? I would love to grow plants. Maybe I could genetically design plants. Imagine coding plants to grow in a certain way to make your design. It might take a while, but it sure sounds like fun. They’re probably doing that already somewhere in the world.
8. What advice would you give emerging creatives? Believe that you could do something original and then do it.
9. How do you know when a design is complete? I don't think I ever feel like my designs are totally complete. I always feel like I can play around for hours and try new things and work on certain areas, but you got to make the call sometime and move onto the next piece.
10. What's the question you ask yourself the most? Have I seen that before or, how can I make that different?
11. What's the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Can I smell the sea breeze from my window? The answer’s no, except when the fog rolls in.
12. What's the best piece of design you've seen recently? Difficult question. Took too long to answer. Sorry.
13. What's one thing that you haven't done that you would still really like to do? Live in New York. Not forever.
14. What inspires you? All things on this earth, and beyond.
15. What's your favourite film? Fantastic Mr Fox.
16. What's the next big thing in design? I am way too far from the cutting edge to make this call.
17. Summer or winter? Spring. Ok, I know that was not an option, but that's how strongly I feel about spring.
18. When last did you take a holiday? Running my own schedule helps on the holiday front. Two weeks ago I was in Cape St Francis for a surf trip.
19. What's the most useful thing you've learnt in the last year? Don't waste time watching TV.
20. What would you like to change about the world? People's attitude, the negative ones, that is.