As the foremost creative consumer show in South Africa, local and international buyers have been recognising the potential of Design Indaba Expo as an abundant source of high-quality South African design products. The number and the caliber of local and international buyers that have been using Design Indaba Expo as a treasure chest of creativity, bears testament to the fact that it is really the gateway to inspired South African design.
Taking place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from 24 February to 27 February 2011, the Design Indaba Expo is a 100% homegrown expo representing graphic design, advertising, film, music, fashion design, industrial design, architecture, craft, visual art, new media, publishing, radio, television and performing arts.
Design Indaba Expo is:
- Fully curated, representing the best of high-end, South African design talent.
- Over 280 exhibitors and more than 35 000 visitors.
- A total of 427 local and international buyers made Design Indaba Expo a sourcing destination in 2010.
- 379 media representatives roamed the Expo floor in 2010, which generated R17 million in media coverage.
We would like to offer official, registered buyers more facilities during their visit in February 2011. There is a registration fee of R200 per buyer that includes the following:
- Accreditation by name, company and country to allow better interaction with exhibitors and media.
- Access to the Expo for four days.
- Exclusive Buyer’s Welcoming Event and preview of the Design Indaba Expo floor on Thursday 24 February, from 14:00.
- A Buyer’s Pack with additional information and resources on the Design Indaba Exhibitors and the City of Cape Town.
- Access to Buyer Meeting Areas on the floor.
- Special accommodation rates as organised for registered Design Indaba Buyers only.
- An opportunity to explore the Cape Town Design Route to visit the stores and studios of our Exhibitors.
- A year’s subscription to Design Indaba magazine and website.
INTERESTING FACT: Design Indaba’s total contribution to the South African gross domestic product totaled R232-million in 2010, according to an independent economic impact assessment by the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business. Business orders to the value of R123-million contributed most significantly to the earnings.
The 2011 Buyer's Registration Process:
- Click here to go to the Buyer Registration page, choose a payment method, fill in the form and submit.
- We will then send you monthly updates on the Design Indaba Expo 2011 - new exhibitors, product launches, show schedules etc.
- Upon arrival in Cape Town on 24 February, proceed to the Buyer Registration Desk at the CTICC to receive your accreditation and pack and then simply enjoy the Design Indaba experience.
For more information contact Mike Purdham at email@example.com or Tel: +27 21 465 9966.
Who will be accepted as an official buyer?
- Representatives from companies who retail or buy any form of design products through a physical or online store.
- Buyers must arrange own transport and accommodation.
- Design Indaba reserves the right to refuse official buyer status to any individual or company, at their own discretion