As a celebration of the innate creativity in our country, the Design Indaba 2010 campaign asked every South African from every walk of life and every age to express their creativity online.
Design Indaba has been on the search for 11 individuals to represent our national creative team the Design Indaba Superstars. Over the past two months the public were asked to “Let It Out!” and received over 400 entries online.
Judging took place on 17 February to select 10 team members and shortlist the entries for the most popular voted 11th winner. The judging panel included: sports personality and design student, Percy Montgomery; MD of Grid advertising agency, Nathan Reddy; fine artist Nandipha Mntambo; and design director of Jupiter Drawing Room Cape Town, Joanne Thomas.
Design Indaba is announcing the 10 winners of the “Let It Out” campaign on Friday 26 February at 7pm at the Design Indaba Expo. The 11th member will be chosen by “People’s Vote” and announced on the final day of the Design Indaba Expo, Sunday 28 February at 17:15. A list of 25 entries composed by the judges will be opened to the public from which people can choose their favourite Superstar and vote.
The 10 Design Indaba Superstars are:
1. Kate Butcher (24) – Designer / Illustrator
2. Greg Darroll (22) – Graphic Designer / Illustrator
3. Samantha Immelman (11) – Scholar
4. Farhana Jacobs (23) – Graduate
5. George Kellerman (76) – Office Administrator
6. Lavanya Naidoo (22) – Graphic Designer
7. Giulia Odendaal (34) – Set Designer
8. Nhlanhla Peega (27) – Creative Director
9. Guy Trangos (25) – Architect
10. Thandiwe Tshabalala (22) – Student