The final day of the Design Indaba Expo saw the announcement of the 11th and final member of the national creative team, the Design Indaba Superstars. On Friday 26 February the first 10 members were announced, following which votes were collected over the weekend for the final “Peoples Vote” winner.
Visitors to the Design Indaba Expo voted via SMS from a shortlist of 25 entries. The shortlist was composed by a judging panel including sports personality and design student, Percy Montgomery; MD of Grid advertising agency, Nathan Reddy; fine artist Nandipha Mntambo; and design director of Jupiter Drawing Room Cape Town, Joanne Thomas.
The 11th winner of the “Let It Out” campaign and final member of the Design Indaba Superstars is:
Tammy Joubert (16) – Inexperienced artist
Two months and over 400 online entries later, the national creative team is now complete. As a celebration of the innate creativity in our country, Design Indaba is pleased to announce the Design Indaba Superstars:
1. Kate Butcher (24) – Designer / Illustrator
2. Greg Darroll (22) – Graphic Designer / Illustrator
3. Samantha Immelman (11) – Scholar
4. Farhana Jacobs (23) – Graduate
5. George Kellerman (76) – Office Administrator
6. Lavanya Naidoo (22) – Graphic Designer
7. Giulia Odendaal (34) – Set Designer
8. Nhlanhla Peega (27) – Creative Director
9. Guy Trangos (25) – Architect
10. Thandiwe Tshabalala (22) – Student
11. Tammy Joubert (16) – Inexperienced artist