Paul Davis is well-known for his illustrations commenting on everything from politics to sex to consumerism and the strange behaviour of human beings. We learnt that he also really loves Cheryl. In fact he loves her so much that he added a “disclaimer” in response to our questions. Davis writes: “Sorry if my answers were at all crap. I do love Cheryl. Much love, Paul. Xx.”
1. If not design, what would you do? Sing - la la la.
2. What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? Have beautiful times with my Chez.
3. What's your drug of choice? Good wine.
4. Who in the world, dead or alive, would you most like to have a drink with? Me Chez.
5. What's the question you ask yourself the most? What's the point?
6. How do you know when a piece of design is complete? Laughter, of course.
7. What would you save from your burning house? The photograph of Chez as a young child.
8. If you had to live inside a work of art, which would it be and why? A drawing from Chez. Because.
9. What's one thing that you haven't done that you would still really like to do? Take Chez on a motorbike.
10. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Ridiculous question.
11. Which superhero do you most identify with? None.
12. Are you a morning person? Yes.
13. What has been your most exciting design-related experience? Oh fuck off.
14. To which faults do you feel most indulgent? Drinking.
15. How do you deal with failure? Impossible.
16. Do you have a creative muse? Cheryl.
17. What's your favourite gadget? The Mac and a pencil
18. What would you do if you won the lottery? Give it all to Cheryl.
19. Which qualities do you most admire in others? Cheryl's.
20. What's your secret obsession? Cheryl. Love you. Xx