From the Series
Enter your design for a beautiful, useable and remarkably crafted pendant light fitting that will bring a sense of an authentic South African connection to the interior of a Nando’s restaurant. Win and you’ve flicked the switch to a brighter personal future in 2015!
If you’re a PERi-PERi talented young aspiring, amateur or professional product maker, crafter, architect, interior designer, design student, or any description of an up-and-coming hot young creative under 35, and resident in South Africa, the Nando’s Hot Young Designer 2015 is a competition you need to know about.
The (brief) brief:
- Design a beautiful, useable and remarkably crafted pendant light fitting that will bring a sense of an authentic South African connection to the interior of a Nando’s restaurant…wherever it may be in the world.
- You’re not required to make the light to enter, but you are required to upload two images, each showing your Nando’s Hot Young Designer 2015 pendant light design from a different angle.
- Budget is a pivotal factor that will be taken into account by the judges when choosing a winning design. Please keep costs in mind when designing, factoring in materials, production and your profit margin.
- Find the full brief here:
You could win:
- An incredible opportunity to receive production support and payment* for a limited-edition collection of one hundred of your winning Nando’s HOT YOUNG DESIGNER 2015 pendant light fittings. These will be used in Nando's restaurant interior designs locally and internationally.
- Talent incubation at Nando’s Central Kitchen provided by the Nando’s Design Team who will invite you to be their guest at Nando’s Central Kitchen, and arrange your travel to and accommodation in Johannesburg. During your visit you will be offered collaborative support and the benefit of experience as you discuss production options for your limited-edition Nando’s HOT YOUNG DESIGNER 2015 collection.
- A golden ticket to Design Indaba 2016 to refuel your inspiration tank after completing production of your Nando’s HOT YOUNG DESIGNER 2015 collection. Enjoy trend talks, films and music while networking with local and global design leaders and colleagues.
Nando’s Heartfelt Celebration of South African Design has seen the flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken franchise make a considerable investment in South African design over the last year, and its collaborative support looks set to grow even more in 2015.
To spark your Nando’s HOT YOUNG DESIGNER 2015 inspiration, Tracy Lynch, lead collaborator for Nando’s Heartfelt Celebration of South African Design, has curated a collection of pendant lights, designed and made at source in South Africa, by South African designer makers. Each design, in its own unique way, embodies the Nando’s HOT YOUNG DESIGNER 2015 brief of being an exceptionally crafted and functional pendant light fitting with an authentic, forward-thinking and sophisticated South African aesthetic. In other words…they’re PERi-PERi hot. Check them out on Nando’s Hot Young Designer Pinterest board.
Enter here before midnight on Wednesday 5 August, 2015!
Visit the Nando’s interactive exhibition where you can explore the rich connections between Nando’s and South African art, music and design in the interactive exhibition, and get an eyeful of a fantastic installation of South African pendant lights.